Without Legal Representation, You May Be Denied Compensation
After a car accident, it may be difficult to determine who is at-fault. Many people believe that an insurance adjuster will make a fair assessment of fault and give them the compensation they are entitled to after an accident. Unfortunately, insurance companies work hard to protect themselves, often placing the blame on injured parties.
At the Mayday Law Office, we represent individuals who have been injured in car accidents in Houston and throughout Texas. Our experienced legal team can help determine who is truly at fault for your accident and who is responsible for paying for your losses.
If you are injured in a car accident, contact our office for a free consultation to discuss your rights. Se habla español.
1. Insurance Adjusters Make Their Own Determination of Fault.
If you have been involved in a car accident in Houston or the surrounding areas, do not rely on an insurance adjuster to make a fair determination of fault. Insurance companies routinely downplay injuries or deny valid claims altogether.
In order to protect your right to recovery and obtain the compensation you deserve after an accident, you should:
- Contact 9-1-1 from the scene. A law enforcement officer is required to report accidents to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles where there is property damage that exceeds $1,000, injury, or death. A detailed accident report may be critical in your case.
- Take pictures and collect evidence. If you are able, take photos at the scene of the accident. Note any hazardous road conditions.
- Do not talk to insurance representatives. Insurance adjusters will make their own determination of fault. The things you say can be used against you to put the blame on you for the accident and reduce your right to compensation. Always consult with an attorney prior to speaking with an insurance adjuster or signing anything related to your case.
Before settling your case, consult with a legal representative who can conduct an independent investigation of the accident and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
2. Without the Help of an Attorney, You May Not Get the Compensation You Deserve.
The best way to protect your right to recovery is by hiring a skilled Houston car accident lawyer. Unrepresented injured parties generally settle their case for substantially less than it is worth. Insurance companies can be ruthless when it comes to placing blame on anybody other than their insured.
3. Even If You Were Partially to Blame, You May Still Be Entitled to Damages.
In Texas, you are still entitled to damages if your percentage of fault was less than 50%. Even if you are found to have proportionate responsibility, you might still be able to recover compensation. If you are found to be partially at fault, the amount of damages will be reduced based on your percentage of responsibility.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Mayday Today.
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in the Houston area, contact our office for a free, no-obligation consultation. We can help determine if you have a valid claim for damages and will stand up to unfair insurance adjusters.
Call our office at (281) 741-1162 to speak directly with an experienced attorney. We proudly serve Spanish-speaking and non-English speaking communities. Contact our office today to get started.